Turkey is a perennially popular destination thanks to its blend of modern and traditional, the quiet and vibrant. Its capital embraces two continents, one arm to Asia, the other to Europe. Iconic landmarks pay homage to a confluence of religions, and superstition. There are Sultan’s palaces gilded in gold and jewels. Surreal lunar landscapes dotted with fairy chimneys. Bazaars of glittering treasures.
Here’s all you need to know about applying for a Turkey visa from India.
Please Note: Turkey Visa Requirements hold true as of 2020 at the time of writing and are subject to change. We aim to update this piece from time to time.
Turkey Visa Application Process
Turkey Visa On Arrival for Indians was abolished in the year 2014. One can now apply for an e-visa or a sticker visa issued by the Turkish Embassy or Consulate to travel to Turkey for vacation, meet relatives, or for business.
To obtain a visa to Turkey, you have to download the visa application form online. Fill in all the details accurately, take a print out and sign the form.
Submit the completed Turkey visa application form along with the visa fee and required documents at the nearest Visa Application Center. After processing, either you can collect the visa and other relevant documents in person or have it couriered.
Types of Turkey Visas
Depending on your purpose of visit, you can choose from 5 types of visas granted to Indian citizens.
- Tourist Visa: This visa is allotted to individuals traveling to Turkey for tours, exhibitions, seminars, sportive activity, cultural activity or visiting the Republic of Turkey of Northern Cyprus.
- Work Visa: Allotted to artists, journalists, assigned academics, lecturers, free-zone laborers or assigned sportsperson, work visa as the title suggests is for people travelling to Turkey for employment purposes.
- Education Visa: Student or education visa is given to people who are traveling to the country for education purposes, internships, internship AISEC, internship ERASMUS, or for learning the Turkish language.
- Official Visa: This visa is allotted for duty and courier assignments.
- Other Visa: This category of Turkey visa covers people traveling to the country for a family union, health or medical purpose or documentary purpose.
Turkey Visa Fees for Indians
The cost of a Turkey visa will depend on what category of visa you are applying for.
The single-entry Turkey Visa for Indian nationals costs INR 3940.
A multiple-entry Turkey Visa for Indian nationals costs INR 13120.
E-visa is the most convenient form and payment for the same can be made using Visa and MasterCard credit and debit cards online.
Documents required for Turkey visa
Indians applying for Turkey visa will have to submit an accurately filled application form with some of the documents, depending on the type of visa.
Here are the documents you are required to submit when applying for a Turkey visa:
– Original passport with at least 6 months of validity
– A copy of the completed visa form
– Proof of flight bookings confirmed, hotel reservation and travel itinerary for the entire duration of stay
– Proof of financial security as long as you stay in the country. Turkey requires travelers to have at least INR 3719 per day of the amount for staying in the country
– Police Clearance Certificate (PPC). If you have traveled to the United States of America, the United Kingdom or any other Schengen country, you do not need to submit Police Clearance Certificate.
Tracking Your Visa Application
- Visit Turkey Immigration & e-Visa portal at https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/status/
- Enter your Application/Reference Number
- Enter Your Passport Number
- Enter the email you used while filing the application
Length of Stay in Turkey
Indians visiting Turkey for the purpose of holidaying can stay up to 30 stays. Please note that other than a work visa, all other Turkey visa types prohibit visitors from getting involved in paid activities. It is important to be sure of the purpose of your visit and apply from the appropriate type of Turkey visa.
Contact information of Turkish embassy in India
Address: 50-N, Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-110021, India
Telephone: (00 91 11) 2688 9053 – 2688 9054 – 2410 1973 -2410 1975
Fax: 00 91 11 2410 1974 (new) – 26 88 1409 (Consular Info)
That’s all it takes! Once you’ve got your visa, you can head off on your getaway. Thanks to its famous landmarks, sites of historic importance, nightlife, and natural attractions, a delightful time in Turkey awaits.